Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Changes, changes, and more changes at the Finch!
Our dear Finch, Cora has moved to Africa. Monrovia, Liberia to be exact! I had no idea exactly where Liberia was and had to consult the atlas to find it. Cora is a teacher (and a Finch) and after an unsuccessful semester looking for new teaching jobs in Nashville she looked elsewhere. Elsewhere just happens to be a Third World country 36 hours by plane away! However, this is not Cora's first jaunt abroad to teach. When I first met her she was leaving for two years in the Peace Corp to teach in Kazakhstan (famous now for Borat). Well this time abroad she will have electricity and running water so really it is quite luxurious! We will miss her though!

But how does this relate to the Finch? Well I will be jumping over to meet her in Morocco or Budapest or Turkey and then we are hopping to Croatia for a wedding and some beach time! Of course I will shop along the way and bring treasures back to the Finch!

Well I am off to NYC Friday to scoop up the best for the Spring! Look back here soon for a sneak peek of all the goodness I can find!

No comments: