Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lovely Little Finch


A couple posts ago we mentioned our amazing new feather headpieces- and guess what! We now have an even bigger selection!!! The shapes and sizes vary, as do the colors: blue, hot pink, celery, espresso, black, winter white, red, and more. Each piece is a unique combination of feathers, rhinestones, and raffia. These are so much fun; they are the perfect accessory for the fashion forward girl that wants something you won't see on everyone. Our lovely Finch in the photo, Kali, is wearing her black one out to dinner!

**as a side note--I am becoming a little obsessesd with these headpieces. While in the Big Apple this past trip I came across this gaggle of fancy French women in the Lever House. They all had on these awesome and rather expensive looking hair accessories. I was too shy and too un-chic feeling to speak to them (they were uber fancy and only speaking rapid French) so I had no idea if they were coming from an event for Fashion Week or were just into the headgear. But I couldn't stop thinking of them. Well then I was walking down this long dark street to buy glass glitter which is literally glitter made from glass in this little set of shops when I came across a hat company going out of business. How could I resist rows of dusty boxes going at cut rate prices? Well I dug and dug and found a few awesome handmade hat adornments. Sarah crafted them into headbands today and they are awesome! I wish I had room in my suitcase for the hat blocking machine and crate of antique hat blocks but oh well. I did easedrop on a dapper young fellow who was buying a set of antique commercial Singer sewing machines. He was also negotiating the price on several hat making machines and blanks (did you know hats started out as floppy, amorphous blobs of fabric?) . Are hats making a hip comeback? Oh I hope so!!!!

No comments: